Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default New Dust Collector Questions

"Leon" wrote in message

and timer . For about 2 hours I was visiting with Swingman today and he

has
the same collector and now I have a few questions concerning hooking up

the
hoses. Did I think to ask Swingman how his was set up? Did I look at his
while in his shop?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I did not.

LOL ... Hell, you were too busy answering my questions in my endless quest
for the perfect mortise jig for chair parts. Besides, that coffee is good,
isn't it.

clamps. Why pay extra for threaded ends if you still have to use clamps?

Had you had time to get a word in edgewise, you would have seen that I just
use clamps ... the double wire kind similar to the ones that came with the
Jet seem to work the best for me. Be careful buying the ones that Rockler
sells, particularly the "water hose" type ... must be chiwanese POS because
they twist and jam up very easily.

2. THE GROUND WIRE. Since my hose is plastic and the ends will be

plastic
and there will be no metal to metal contact between the collector and say
the TS or stationary planer, what do I attach the ground wire to? I want
to move from machine to machine by simply slipping the hose off.

I would ground the end(s), next to the dust collector, to the metal DC
manifold with the wire that is in the flexible hose. That said, I haven't
had a problem with static electricity with that particular hose, which I
attribute partly to the high humidity we have here for most of the year.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06