Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default increasing water pressure blew up water softener

drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King
saying something like:

For years, I've wondered why the Council doesn't fit pressure regulators
in the main supplies, as they're forever digging up mains to repair
them. I suppose that's too easy.

S'not the council, is it? Not unless you're in Northern Ireland where
they still have public water.

Southern Ireland. Where we don't have water charges or council tax. I
don't know how long that's going to last, now that the EU is making
noises about it.
--

Dave