Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Two ceiling fans on a single control?

"No" wrote in message ...
HerHusband wrote:
My in-laws have two ceiling fans in their living room. Currently the
lights are controlled by two separate light switches (in one box), and
the fans are controlled by pull strings. As part of a rewiring project,
I'd like to rewire the fans to be controlled by wall controls instead of
the pull strings.

So, I'm curious if I could wire both ceiling fans to a single control?

Each fan has 4 lights, so that's about 480 watts for the lights. I assume
I should be OK there as long as I get a control with the proper wattage
rating.

What I don't know is how two fan motors would cope on a single speed
control? Would this cause any problems?

Thanks,

Anthony

I have looked into this - I have a need to control 4 fans. You need to
check the amp draw in the fans and the amp rating on the switch. What you
will find is the switches at the big Blue and Orange stores will only
support one fan. Hunter has one designed for two fans IIRC.

Hmm - Looks like overkill
http://www.hunterfan.com/prodSum.php...e=acc&sType=30

Just make sure either the amps capability of the switch exceeds the amps
draw of the fans combined or find one designed for multiples.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

You can also add up the Watts if you don't find the Amps easily