Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Setting toilet tank - wobbly

It's been 25 years since I set a new toilet and while the new American
Standard Champion flushes like, er, a champ, the tank seems to wobble too
much for my comfort. Is this just like the bowl and wax ring; a matter of
letting it settle in and retighening gently a few times? The bowl was
initially like that but has settled.

Toilet evalution:
*Odd flush mechanism but,
*Flushes very quickly and efficiently. Puts me in mind of the jet-like
action of public toilets.
*The weirdest flush noise this side of a pressurized tank
*Quiet tank re-filling.
*Tank top is not flat which is either a blessing, so that you can't clutter
it or a curse, for the same reason.
*The tank top does not sit squarely on the tank and wobbles a bit. Nothing
a piece of carpet tape on the underside corner can't fix.
*The tank is so much smaller than the 5 gal tank that it replaces that there
is a 3" gap to the wall.

So, you can see that these are non-issues and the unit works better than the
one that it replace. Just my observations. Now, about that wobbly tank...