Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle

Default screws or nails?

Eigenvector wrote:
When you guys do wood repairs, do you use nails or screws?

It really does depend on the job for me.

For drywall, yeah, screws are the only way to go. In fact, I've
discovered the joys of drywall screws for so many repairs and jobs.

There are times when nails are simpler to deal with than the drill and
screw bit. And there are times when I don't want to see a screw head
and must use finishing nails. If someone could come up with finishing
screws, I'd probably be there in a second.

In fact, I was replacing baseboards the other day, and because the
plaster wall is warped the finishing nails wouldn't hold properly. I
resorted to Liquid Nails and some heavy objects to brace the 1x4, but
"finishing screws" would have been the perfect thing.