Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Kenmore (Whirlpool) HE3-T Front load washer

It keeps squeaking for several minutes of front loader washing. I think it
is just from things inside drying out. I keep the door open on the washer
between loads. That is a new habit for me and I think it lead to the
squeaking as I reflect on the issue.

"Richard Thoms" wrote in message
. ..
Art wrote:
My Kenmore HE3T front load washer (3 years old) squeaks while rotating
during the wash cycle. It has done this occassionally when the washer
hadn't been used for several days but usually it stopped after a few
minutes of washing. Today it is a bit louder and so far hasn't stopped.
Does this sound like a simple problem (needs new belt or oiling some
place) or something more sinister (bearings going bad already). Thanks.

Depends on the type of squeak. If it makes the most noise right as it
starts to turn then it is most likely a slipping belt.

Checkout http://www.davesrepair.com/DIYhelp/DIYwshbelts.htm

for "more than you wanted to know about washing machine drive belts."

Hope that helps.

Richard Thoms
President - Top Service Pros, Inc.
Connecting Homeowners and Local Home Service Professionals
Homeowners, Find a Top Service Pro -- http://www.TopServicePros.com
Service Pros, Get Listed on the Web - http://www.TopServicePros.com