Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Sharp VCR playback distortion

"Jenwin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Um....

By playsback but distorts i mean that it will play th tv through the
vct but a tape distorts.

Im really sorry but i think we have tried this with no luck but it
doesnt really make alot of sense to me! ...

"Have you tried changing the output RF modulation frequency on the VCR
RF out
and tuning in the TV to match ? Diagonal patterning is often due to
beating
of harmonics from the local modulator "transmitter" frequency and some
internal or external freequency"

Anymore advice? Is it not likely to b a vcr problem that can b fixed by
repair? This would be a nice easy solution!

Thanks

Have you tried the VCR on another TV as was suggested? Until you do that,
no-one can answer for certain whether it's the TV or the VCR to blame.

Dave