Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
J T

Default Rounding Question

Thu, Jun 15, 2006, 12:16am (EDT-1) (Prometheus)
sayeth:
Well, maybe I will try it snip What kind of finish does it leave you
with? snip

At your own risk, of course. Actually, I'm completely comfortable
with trying it again. Well, I was working to my left, because I didn't
feel like pulling the lathe out far. So, I didn't have the control I
would have otherwise. The surface was a bit rough, but not bad.
However, if I'd used a jig of some sort so I could have slid the planer
back and forth, the finish would have been pretty smooth. Speculation
at this point, because it's my first experience with one of those
thingies. Doesn't matter to me tho, because I'd figured on finishing up
with lathe tools anyway.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal