Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Default New Dust Collector Questions

Leon wrote:

1. I bought the
plastic ends to connect to the collector and the equipment. The pieces are
threaded so that they can be attached to the hoses with out hose clamps, or
so I thought. They have opposite threads.
Are there opposite threaded ends available?

Not sure if the plastic pieces are available in opposite threads, but
I've seen left and right handed hose.

You may also want to check that the plastic fittings actually fit over
all your equipment ports. Mine only slides about 1/4" onto the table
saw port.

2. THE GROUND WIRE. Since my hose is plastic and the ends will be plastic
and there will be no metal to metal contact between the collector and say
the TS or stationary planer, what do I attach the ground wire to? I want
to move from machine to machine by simply slipping the hose off.

Then ground the hose to some bare metal on the collector. Might have to
check with a meter to see where on the collector connects to the
electrical ground.

Chris