Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Learning CAD

"Phil-in-MI" NO Spam & pam wrote in message
ink.net...
This post is not about which is the Best CAD, it is about learning CAD.

Due to a cast on my Right foot for the next 9 weeks or so, I thought I
might try my hand at learning CAD. My Shop is off-limits with a cast and
crutches.

I took a drafting course in High School back about 1964, but don't
remember much. As I recall, the big thing is just to do, start simple,
and work to complex, but most important just draft.

I purchased a 'learning to draft' book from Amazon a few years ago after
one of this NG Lo-o-ng CAD debates.

So my question, does anyone have a suggestion as to learning TurboCAD,
CADopia (intelliCAD?), DesignCAD, and so forth. Looking for WEB sites,
Forums, or just simple projects to learn from. As I figure it, the CAD
program with the most help for me to learn on my own, will be the most
useful program, so I will buy that program.

You are way ahead having had drafting in school. Having drafting experience
also I learned the CAD programs with out any instruction at all. IMHO the
biggest obstacle is knowing how to draw and how to make the program do what
YOU want it to do rather than to learn the program. IMHO AutoCAD LT and
Intellicad were the easiest to get to do what I wanted them to do.