Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default Used Lumber

On 15 Jun 2006 09:29:09 -0700, "Pious Audio"
wrote:

I tore down a pool deck in my yard over the Spring...and now I've got
tons of 2x4's and some 4x8 posts. Right now, this stuff is just
sitting in a pile in my back yard rotting away.

I sort of intend to knock the nails out of the wood and place it all in
good order in the shed for use on future projects around the house --
but so many other things have to get done first that this stuff might
sit in my yard for a year, maybe two, before I can do anything with it.

Does anyone have good ideas on what I could do with used lumber? Would
any body want it if I stuck a sign in the yard, or something? Would
people pay for it?

Thanks,

Pious

BTW, I'm in Kansas City, Missouri

Not exactly the kind of recycled lumber I'd personally want. If you
want to use it, then get a metal detector to find all the fasteners.
Personally, I'd try to give the lumber away.