Ed Huntress

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

"Gunner" wrote in message

Sorry, Gunner. Every one of those states, except for Vermont, has a list

of
"Prohibited Persons" who are not allowed to buy a handgun -- or a gun of

any
kind, in many states. The list ranges from felons, to people who have a
restraining order on them, to adults who were convicted of possessing pot

as
a kid, to people who are addicted to painkillers (Ohio), depending on the
state.

Ah..every state has a Prohibited persons list..at the least related to
federal law where a felon whom has not has his/her rights restored may
not posess or own a firearm.

And many of them quite a bit more extensive. 'Want to see the list?

Including Vermont which defaults to Federal standards.

It was assumed that the In 25 states comment, that only those not
prohibited from owning (GCA 68 IRRC) were the ones in discussion.

"Assumed"? By whom? Isn't that what Richard and you were getting on my case
about in the first place?

And as I said, want to see the list?

Of
course in all 50 states and assorted territories, those prohibited
persons will obtain a firearm from less than legal sources and carry
any which way they chose, no matter how unlawful their status makes
the practice.

Wait a minute. I thought the discussion was about those states that ALLOW
"anyone" to buy a gun, etc. Now you want to switch it to criminals?

If your argument has any meaning here, it's that the laws don't matter
anyway, and that everybody can buy a gun anywhere, etc. In which case,
"Ford's" point about those states that ALLOW you to buy a gun, etc., is
completely meaningless. Is that where you really want to go? I didn't think
so.

Symantic word games are where you are going as some form of disproof?
Or simply changing the rules in mid game?

No, symantic word games is where YOU and RICHARD are going as some form of
proof. Richard seems to want to follow exactly what the words mean,
including his strict definition of "permit." So, you can stick to what
"anyone" means. Fair enough?

Ed Huntress