Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

Default Bag of cement weight/size?

The message
from Harry Bloomfield contains these words:

As per subject, what size is a 'bag' these days and the rough cost of a
'bag'?

Bags have been 25Kg for some years and I for one have been glad that the
building trade has got decidedly wimpish as I got older. :-)

Supplier worked out the job would need approximately 7 'bags' and
delivered 7. I've just looked and they are what I would call 'half
bags' 25Kg at around £3-80 per bag rather than the equivalent of 1cwt
or 50Kg.

Is 7 half bags enough for the 2 cubic metres of concrete I specified?

Depends how strong you want it but I don't think 175Kg of cement would
go very far. At 1:3:6 (which is pretty lean) I think that would make
about half a cubic metre.

--
Roger Chapman