Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Fingerless thin cotton gloves?

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:20:12 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

T i m wrote:

I've done a quick Google and it doesn't seem to come up with anything?

We do have a decent sewing machine / knitting shop (haberdashery?) at
the top of the road so will ask in there.

Try http://www.sewingchest.co.uk/browse.php?n=48&tp=9
The stuff works amazingly well.

Hi again Sheila,

I went to said shop and bought a bottle of "Fray Stoppa" (similar size
and price to you stuff) but we are yet to test it.

Apparently the bottle I had was from the US, hence the 'cute' spelling.
Spell it properly (with the c), and you should have no trouble finding
a source for it.

I suppose that's the problem with these trendy names .. we miss them
with searches .. ?

So, how would you apply the stuff for the best results please Sheila
... I though maybe she could cut the fingers off and put the glove on
over a surgical glove then apply the gear?

All the best ..

T i m