Posted to alt.home.repair
alacat

Default diswasher won't drain completely

Thank you for your reply. Will take a look at the drain hose.

wrote:

alacat "alacat"@ wrote:

A friend's dishwasher refuses to completely drain. What can I do to
ensure the machine drains properly? She says the unit is 11 years old
and is a Kenmore.

Also, she tells me the machine's heating element for drying has stayed
on longer than the machine's cycle is set for. Any ideas on how to
approach a fix?

Thanks in advance.

First thing to look at is a plugged drain hose. For the drying issue,
it could be the timer is starting to go. Easiest solution is to not
use heated dry, which uses extra energy and is not essential.