Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Hill

Default Estimator didn't do a load calculation, just looked at size of existing unit

On 14 Jun 2006 17:37:36 -0700, "STravis"
wrote:

RAJ, why do you care about seeing the actual calculations? If the end
result is that you need a furnace of XXXBTU, what difference does it
make how he got to that conclusion (or are you supposed to verify his
work?). If you were looking for more quotes you would then use the end
result to ensure that the other guys aren't off the mark, right?

I'd care because unless I see them I won't know if anything was
actually calculated. Last time I had the job done none of the three
guys I called calculated anything.