Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem in attic

wrote:
Roof vents can cause leaks, gable end vent MUCH better....

Yeah call the idiot home inspector he can pay out of pocket if he
wants.

DONT LET HIM OR A FRIEND FIX IT!

He can pay if he wants to, but I doubt he will. Every home inspection
contract I've ever seen has plenty of verbage in there protecting the
inspector and limiting claims against him. And it's far from clear
he's even at fault. For example, if the fans and vent lines were
covered by insulation, is the inspector supposed to pull insulation out
of the way to inspect where every single vent line goes? Granted, if
it were obvious, he should have caught it. But having a contract that
allows for recovery, proving he should have found it, and proving
damages are a different story.