Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Neighbors Shed

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:24:26 -0700, Corinne
wrote:

I would think that being allowed to paint the back of their shed would
also perserve it as it is in bad need of paint. I don't think it is
fair that I have to look at it, when they do not. My back yard is
beautifully maintained, and I take pride in it.

I don't see this as being pushy, but then again, I may be wrong.

It seems disrespectful to me, as I would never do this to a neighbor.

You say that now, that you would never do this, but things happen.
For one thing, they may have totally forgotten this could happen. Or
they notice it and forget about it by the time they are back in the
house. How old are they? Wait till you hit 50, younger for some
people.

Thanks everyone for all the responses. Much appreciated.

Corinne

Cheri wrote:

Chris Lewis wrote in message ...

How do you know it's a shared "fence"? Unless it's exactly on the
property line, you can't really tell.

In situations like this, it's always best to ask.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
It's not just anyone who gets a Starship Cruiser class named after

them.

I agree with you. Bad relations with neighbors can be a nightmare,
especially when it can be avoided with something as simple as asking
before doing. Personally, I wouldn't care that much if somebody painted
the back of my shed without asking, but I would file them away as a
little pushy somewhere in the back of my mind.

Cheri