Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Problem in attic

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:53:55 GMT, lid (cheaphomeowner)
wrote:

This weekend I was installing soffit baffles and an extra 8 inches of
insultion when I discovered that my bathroom fans were venting
straight into the attic. Not only were they venting into the attic
but they were also covered by the existing 8 inches of blown
insultion. I bought 3" flex and attached it to the vents and
ran the duct upto the roof vent. They are about 2-3" away from
the vent and the roof sheeting. My question is that I have seen
several post saying not to do this, Why? My understanding is that
you don't want that warm moist air in the attic. Also, how would
something like this be missed by the home inspection when we bought
the house. Thanks

How much do you use the fans? I put a separate switch in for my fan
and never use it or the other one. Years later I realized I have the
same setup you have just installed.