Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mikey

Default How to unzip PCX file service manuals

wrote:

14" Citizen tv model:JCTV1578,yearec 1993,CSA File No:LL79940,UL
Listed:43K3 (Funai/Symphonic):

To look up the FCC ID code,UL and/or the CSA file #:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid (schematics too)
http://www.cheetah.net/~beta2/vcrul.html

CSA Canada Ph:1-800-463-6727

same as:

Emerson model:TC1371 & TC1372 and 20" Citizen model:JCTV3076

The volume is maxed out even though the volume bar is set at minimum,I
replaced IC301=TA8680BN=NTE7010,I downloaded the 1MB service manual or
schematics from:

http://www.schematicsforfree.com
http://www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schforfree.seedhost.com
http://www.epanorama.net/schematicsforfree

then click on "click here to see the files" followed by "video"
followed by "products". I downloaded the service manual from the direct
link:

http://www.epanorama.rackhost.net/sc...oducts/Citizen
JCTV1578.ZIP

but when I unzipped it,the files are in PCX format,does anyone know
where I can download the PCX software required or find a way to unzip
it and make it work?.Thanks in advance for help.

Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova scotia
Canada

Like Ken wrote, you can see the files with Irfanview. It's a great picture
viewer program, an it's free. You can download it from he
http://www.irfanview.com/