Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Neighbors Shed

mm wrote:
On 14 Jun 2006 06:56:30 -0700, Banty wrote:
I'm of the belief that what they don't know won't hurt them. You aren't
planning on taking away from the value of their shed so just do it. They'll
never know. I firmly believe it's much easier to get forgiveness than
permission.

This might be true, is probably true sometimes, about parents, or
maybe spouses or children or siblings.

But if you think it is true of neighbors, you are so wrong. They will
likely never forgive her and will certainly never trust her.

How will the neighbor even know? We're talking about painting ONE wall... the
one the neighbor can't see and apparently has no curiosity about or pride in.
If the paint is matched to the original, where's the harm?

If your neighbor somehow has a problem with that, they're not wrapped too tight.
So they might hold it against you? So what? The shed looks good again from
your point of view; it's unchanged from the neighbor's point of view. If it
damages your already nonexistent relationship with your neighbors, I'd suggest
you haven't lost much. But you have corrected the eyesore.

I already posted about a new neighbor I had a problem with over the length of
her grass. Three new row houses went in across the street. The grass didn't
get cut, the grass didn't get cut and the grass didn't get cut. Finally I
couldn't stand it anymore and cut the front yards when they got to waist high.
One of the neighbor's called the cops. Well, I never heard from the cops as
apparently they had more pressing matters.... but I never cut her grass again.
A few weeks ago, when it got to waist high again, I called the city. *They*
came out and cut her grass... and charged her $140 for the service. I was
happy.

As for my relationship with the neighbor: what relationship? I've never spoken
to her. Don't have any need or desire to. But if that grass gets high like
that again, she can pay the city to cut it for her again. I keep *my* yard
looking good.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE