Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Neighbors Shed

6' here too.

Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:

On 14 Jun 2006 17:04:58 -0700,
wrote:

Caledonia wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Banty wrote:

I'm much more willing to work with someone asking my permission,
than I am
when I'm confronted with a fait accompli. So I beg to differ.

What work? Nobody needs to ask the owner for anything. He won't
even know. I
assume from the OP that they're planning to use the original color.

Is the shed on the OP's property? (We have a split rail fence -- it's
1' inside our property line, and I'd be weirded out if people opted to
beautify it/stain it, given that it's on our property). If the shed
wall is on the property line, it's polite to ask (actually, I'm
scratching my head on this one, as we have a 20' setback from the
property line requirement for all structures...)

Caledonia

I agree. I sure would not paint someone elses shed, even if it were
exactly on the property line, without asking first. It would seem very
likely that they would be happy to have it painted. And if they are
the type to tell you not to when you ask, then painting it could result
in all kinds of future trouble. I also don't buy the idea that they
won't likely find out. More likely, soon as you're out there with a
paint can and brush, they will just happen to see you. And then what?

It would make much more sense to just build a 12 foot high fence
around your entire property.

Hi,
I don't know about your neighborhood. Here max. height of fence is 6 feet.