Posted to alt.home.repair
AND Books

Default mulberry RIP

it's done,

after 4-6 years of arguments, fights, cajolings etc, she got a gigantic
portable cherry picker, and 8-10 good friends, as watched the gigantic
30+ yo Mulberry (bush/tree) shaved and cut. It's like 3-4 pickup truck
loads... I gave up 1/2 of it, the deck and roof side... the tree still
gives shade and berries, but no longer upon our rotting roof and ever-
stained deck. It was/is a real job. The hydrolic picker *is* ver impressive
and big ($240/day) and still sits by our house awaiting resolution about
whether to do the whole-thing, which i don't want... that's another story..
but realize that a "tree" some 100+ft high really takes alot of pickup
truck loads to move, and although theoretically seems like a simple thing,
when you physically gotta move them limbs and branches, it's a real job.
Thanks bunches that i have friends that know what they're doing! Now
i gotta think about doing our cedar+1 asphalt shingle roof (60deg)...
i got 6-10 months to think about it. Maybe the Mulberry tree was really
no my friend, but gosh i loved it's berries and shade... while she hated
its stained deck, and our dogs bringing it in the house. Compromise?

notes on ridding your house of apparent problems...