Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Neighbors Shed

Thanks for all the replies.

I personally think these are very nice neighbors. I only have met the
wife, once, when I moved in a year ago.

They have a pool, and it is full of kids during the summer months, and I
don't complain about the noise, ever.

I think neighborly relationships work both ways, and I plan to keep this
one on a nice/friendly tone.

As I said before, they live in a tri-level, and I have a rambler. We
are both very courteous of each others privacy even though they are
looking down on me. It really is a nice set up, considering how the two
houses are built.

Corinne

Banty wrote:

In article , Mortimer Schnerd, RN says...

wrote:

yeah its a fence do as you want. i would still ask first perhaps take a
photo since they cant see it from their side. neighbor hassles are
best avoided

I'm of the belief that what they don't know won't hurt them. You aren't
planning on taking away from the value of their shed so just do it. They'll
never know. I firmly believe it's much easier to get forgiveness than
permission.

I'm much more willing to work with someone asking my permission, than I am when
I'm confronted with a fait accompli. So I beg to differ.

They have little motivation to paint back there. They can't see it and it would
involve an invasion of your yard for them to access it. Avoid all the hassle
and just take care of the problem with no fanfare.

A recipe for a rotten relationship with a neighbor.

Banty