Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Neighbors Shed

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:42:34 -0700, Abe wrote:

The problem is that the neighbors don't see it. They have a fence built
up to the side of the shed, and the shed makes up for the rest of the fence.

That was a pretty critical piece of information to leave out until
now, dont'cha think? You could have saved some spinning wheels if you
had said this in the first place.

If it's a shared fence, you have every right to paint your side. Since
the back of the shed is de facto part of your side of the fence, you
have the right to paint it.

She didn't describe a shared fence, and she doesn't have the right to
paint it.

She also hasn't said where the property line is. AFAWCT, the shed and
the fence are entirely the neighbors. But I agree with you that she
should have given all the details at the start instead of as you well
put it, letting us [potentially] spin our wheels.