Posted to alt.home.repair
cm

Default Swamp Cooler Problem (periodic shutoff)

My garage cooler does that once and a while. It has electronic controls with
a remote control. I just unplug it for a while and it seems to reset.

AZCRAIG

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

wrote in message
ps.com...
I live in Colorado, and am having problems with my evaporative cooler.
After running for about an hour or so, the fan always shuts off, even
though the water pump continues to run. This applies for all settings
(high cool, low cool, high vent, low vent). After resting for an hour
or more it will work as normal.

The fact that the water pump is still running seems to tell me that the
problem is not electrical. Any ideas? is this normal for swamp
coolers?

Any help is much appreciated!