Posted to rec.woodworking

Default White haze

GARY wrote:
Our table has a factory-applied lacquer finish over a dark, walnut
stain. Over many years, the table has been polished many times with a
liquid furniture polish,

Yesterday, I brushed MinWax Fast-Drying polyurethane on the table.
After the polyurethane dried, a very white "haze" and a lot of small
bubbles developed under the polyurethane (most likely a reaction
between the polyurethane and the underlying furniture polish).

Now, how can I remove the polyurethane and the polish so I can re-apply
the polyurethane?

Some pretty good advice and alternate techniques he

http://tinyurl.com/fpso5

If you have been using the silicone type polish, after you remove the
finish you should plan on sanding and cleaning with lacquer thinner or
something like acetone before resealing. One invisible blotch of that
stuff under the finish and you will a problem.

Robert