Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

Default FreeView

"John Rumm" wrote in message
RedOnRed wrote:

Which bit's "twaddle"?

The bit about getting *all* of the freeview channels. You gat many of
them, but there are a number which are only included in one of the paid
for sky bundles and not their freesat package.

Also worth noting IIUC is that you dont't get access to the sky EPG
without a subscription, and you can't have the Sky+ (i.e. PVR)
functionality either.

I stopped subscribing to Sky for a while and got all the Freeview
channels plus more through my satellite and decoder setup.

"For a while" meaning you now subscribe again? Or you stopped subscribing
a while ago?

If you *are* getting all the freeview channels including More4, E4, abc1
etc then you had better not tell em in case they take tham away again! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

It's all a long time ago now, but I seem to recall getting all of the
Freeview channels for nothing when I stopped subscribing to Sky.

Looking at the Freeview list i'm sure that would be the case. Sky supply all
those channels and you don't have to subscribe to them...so it would make
sense really and would you pay for any of them?

Do you have any experience of what I did or are you just basing it on
theory?