Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Price for copper wire to sub panel?

For LOTS of devices the last few volts can be the difference between
good operation and crappy use.

Lamps are like that, the last few volts is about 8% of the total
britness. I used to fix copiers for a living, slight voltage drops
caused major grief.

if your running a 120 volt moter it probably doesnt matter....

All conductors have voltage drop but alunimum is much worse than
copper.

cheapinbg out on a one time expense is poor planning...

Been there done stuff like that

my 100 amp main service is a memorable stupid move.

Sometimes cheaper isnt better

the price difference is under 300 bucks, for a one time lifetime
expense..

besides at resale a home inspection, and nervous buyer.... equal pain
in you know what.