Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Concrete or brick patio

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
We mostly agree-- but. . .

I would say we totally agree, you just provided more information than I
had. I totally agree with your additional facts.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

-snip-
1. Concrete:
+ Less expensive.
Long life if properly designed and installed.
Little or no maintenance.

- (None)

For negatives, I'd say;
1 It is the least appealing looking. [stamped concrete is better, but
then it costs more, and it still isn't as attractive as pavers.]
2. It will probably crack at some point-- then the whole thing needs
to be replaced. If an area of pavers falls into a sinkhole--not
likely- that area can be patched. [more likely is a stain- paint, BBQ
grease, etc]
3. If you ever change your mind about the color, shape, size or
style- removing pavers is a breeze. Concrete removal is as expensive
as its installation.

Also- the OP didn't mention a DIY project, but pavers certainly lend
themselves more to that idea than concrete. DIY pavers are probably
about the same cost as an installed concrete patio. It is hard work,
but within the realm of a healthy adult or two.

Jim

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit