Posted to sci.electronics.repair
-Almazick-

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

Hello Dave D,
I see your point regarding your 13 year old daughter knows what focus means
and that's good but you need to learn how to read first before you flame
anyone. If you read my original post you can find "I removed the tv rear
cover and found only 2 knobs for Focus and Screen and they won't solve the
problem." I do know what focus and screen means too but I did not say that
I was tweaking them or did not know what it was. What I meant that I found
only 2 knobs and it won't solve the problem because they have nothing to do
with the problem I had (vertical deflection output). In older tv's used to
be knobs behind the cover or small holes for vertical and horizontal
adjustments. You assumed that I did not know what focus is and made
something out of nothing. Anyway let's just stop arguing and stop putting
people down. If people ask for advice, let's just give them because you
don't know what they know and their experiences. Just like Electromotive
Guru said, him and me are self-taught on many a different area that you
won't have any idea how to fix it. In some areas I'm more stronger and some
weaker and when I ask people for advice who knows more than me I don't
really want to listen flames because I can bet you ask questions in other
boards and you don't want people flaming you. I used to be on boards a long
time ago helping people with cars, satellite dishes, operating systems,
computer hardware and web designers because I'm good at it but I never made
any flames. Don't like the question just go to the next one, simply ignore
them. People always make a mistake with a bad description just like I did
but it doesn't mean you are better than me because you really don't know me.
On the other hand I fixed the tv and it only took me about 30 minutes. As
you can see people it takes less time to fix something with a proper answer
than reading all that flaming and your bad opinions which makes me sick. If
you don't like something it doesn't mean you have to start flaming people
just ignore and go to the next post. It makes our life's a lot easier. A
big thanks to people who pointed me to the right direction: Sam Goldwasser,
Franc Zabkar, Jana and Electromotive Guru.

"Dave D" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

snip

Now you may think that is ok, but I think that if those of us who are
properly qualified, and whose collective wisdom exceeds yours by many
times, were to recommend that he continued to poke around inside an item
of equipment that REALLY COULD KILL OR SERIOUSLY INJURE him, this would
be irresponsible, rather than helpful.

Now now, Arfa! 'Electromotive Guru' is obviously someone the group should
look up to. After all, he advises someone who knows so little about basic
physics that he doesn't know what a focus adjustment does, to, and I
quote:

"Look inwside the back cover for test-points and check that main B+
voltage is within 5% of spec" (because) "this may be a symptom of the
main voiltage bias being out of range"

Obviously good advice ;-) He also thinks it's good advice for a non-savvy
consumer to take the back off his set and poke around inside so he can
'learn', without having even the most basic knowledge of electronics.

By his reasoning- my 13 year old daughter knows what focus means, and
it's not just a car made by Ford, so she must be even more qualified than
the OP to poke around inside a TV! Next time the TV breaks I might give
her a service manual and a soldering iron and let her fix it for me. It's
a nice RPTV so plenty of room for her to crawl inside and measure the
'main bias voltage'. I wouldn't want to deprive her of a learning
experience after all!

Dave