Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Retensioning Henderson Merlin canopy garage door

Grumpy owd man wrote:
NT:

Henderson mechanisms are the junk end of the market,

Yep, junk end of the market. My junk end of the market door gear
[canopy] has barely lasted 22 years and has had to have the 'cones and
wires' replaced, now let me see...oh yeah, thats it, once!

I for one cannot fault it!!

This is true of most junk end products, some survive some dont.
Henderson are most popular because of price, but the mecha simply isnt
upto reliable performance. Of all the garage doors I've dealt with, the
ones with bust mechas were in almost every case Hendersons, and the
ones that wouldnt open and close smoothly were in almost every case
Henderson. If you want such kit, go for it.

NT