Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default what kind of flooring to use in the basement?

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are finishing our basement and adding two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The basement right now is completely unfinished, with a concrete floor
and walls. I am looking for advice on finishing the basement
floor. What kind of flooring is best for a basement, especially in the
bathroom? I would also appreciate your advice on whether to use a
subfloor, and how to keep the moisture from degrading the floor and
walls. Thank you!

For the bathroom, you want easy to clean. First choice would be ceramic
tiles. Easy to clean, they look the best, IMO. Next to that I'd go with
vinyl sheet goods.

For bedrooms, I'd consider the indoor outdoor carpet if you want warm under
the feet. Otherwise, I'd go with engineered wood and maybe throw rugs by the
bed. If you go with the engineered wood (see www.mannington.com ) you will
need a barrier that the dealer will also have.