Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Who is responsible for tree trim and removal?

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 02:16:41 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

"miamicuse" wrote in message
. ..
(snip)
.

All three trees are on the side of the County's street and outside

of
my
property line.

(snip)

Are you absolutely sure about the property line? It's been my experience (in
several states) that except for numbered state highways, the property
actually runs into the road, and the road is on an easement. Do you have a
plat for your land, and at least one surviving corner marker to work
backward from?

The street (called Spring Mill Road) I referred to was in Indiana,
just outside of Indianapolis but still in Marion County. I'm sure
there is a spring and there was a mill within the first half mile,
where there is a big hill, but after that it was straight for 2 miles,
from 62nd to 80th Street.

The road was not numbered, but there were plans to widen it if
necessaray. 45 years later, still two lanes, still not that busy and
not widened. There is a 6 lane Meridian Street a half mile to the
east which carries a lot of traffic, and an expressway which requires
one to go to the east or west a couple miles, before coming back about
87th st.

Some of the neighbors planted their bushes within their property line,
and others planted next to the road. I guess we probably would have
been made to mow the lawn, and to trim the trees if anyone had planted
any. But paying for a permit to trim trees that must be trimmed
sounds annoying.

aem sends....