Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default FreeView

In message , John
Rumm writes
Roger Mills wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Don't Sky have a one off deal to fit a dish that can receive
Freeview better than an aerial?

AIUI, that's not Freeview - it's FreeSAT. It may carry a similar
(but not identical) mix of channels, but it uses different technology
and needs a different sort of decoder (set top box). So a digital TV
which contains the equivalent of a Freeview STB won't be able to
understand the signal from the satellite.
I'm sure others will correct me if this is wrong!

Nope, that sounds about spot on. The bundle of channels is different
(although there is an overlap)

Sky he

http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=3

Does it require a dedicated sky box, or will any sat. decoder work ?

--
geoff