Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default what kind of flooring to use in the basement?

We have normal carpeting in ours but ours is perfectly dry and we were here
when it was built to make sure it would stay that way. Ceramic tile in the
bathroom but if your concrete is still new and the tile is attached directly
to it, the concrete may crack and take the tile with it if not properly
installed.

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are finishing our basement and adding two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The basement right now is completely unfinished, with a concrete floor
and walls. I am looking for advice on finishing the basement
floor. What kind of flooring is best for a basement, especially in the
bathroom? I would also appreciate your advice on whether to use a
subfloor, and how to keep the moisture from degrading the floor and
walls. Thank you!