Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Cart wheel problem

On 13 Jun 2006 11:26:45 -0700, wrote:

I have a new yard cart to replace my 30 year-old cast-iron wheel barrow
that finally "dissolved" away....
Here's what the new cart looks like:

http://www.agri-fab.com/productslarge/45_0226.html

And here's an "exploded" parts view:

http://www.agri-fab.com/06partsbreak...s/IPL%2045-022...

It works great in normal use. However, I have about 10 cubic yards of
dirt that I need to haul up a side hill in this thing. Steep, rough
ground, and no other way to get the dirt in there, that I can afford,
anyway.

So, the axle of the cart (no. 3 on the parts list) has slid through the
U-clamp (no. 8 on the parts list, and now the right hand cart wheel is
rubbing against the poly cart tray.

Sure, I can loosen the clamp, pull the axle back into position and try
to clamp down the U-clamp even tighter, although it is pretty tight
already, but I suspect I'll have no luck.

Anyone have any bright idea on keeping the axle in place?

If you can find a chunk of pipe with the same ID as the
OD of the axel, then using locktite to glue
a length of that that just fits between the mounts would
work. Failing that, about 30 wraps of
duct tape, a hose clamp, and a big-ass washer on
each side of each "bearing" would probably work.