Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default Electric hedge trimmer advice

I recommend considering a battery operated model. I have a Black&Decker
18V battery operated one (part of a set that included a string trimmer and
leaf blower. I love it.

I have BOTH an electric and a smaller 9 V battery powered trimmer....
Electric is of course much better BUT honestly I am in my 60's now and
Retired so I do NOT have to do all the bushes in one day...

So I use the Battery Powered one much more then the electric...NO
CORDS to haul around (more work doing that then trimming the hedge
really) ...downside is I can not do it all in one day.... No big deal
in my case BUT it is a lot easier to just grab an go with the Battery
Powered trimmer...I should just buy a 2nd battery but have never
gotten around to it in the 4-5 years I have owned it...

Like it well enough that I picked up an 18 V Battery leaf blower to
keep the area around the swimming pool clean... again just so much
easier to use then hauling out electric cords..so much so in fact that
I may decide to use either the trimmer or the blower on a moments
notice..not even planning to "do a job"...
Bob G.