Posted to alt.home.repair
user

Default Neighbors Shed

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:24:08 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:
Kinda insulting? I once parked my fifth wheel in my back yard when first
moved into this house 11 years ago, guy behind one day came to me and
asked me to give him some money so he can plant a tree or two to block
the view of my trailer roof. I just shut the door in his face.

Neighbors can be interesting. We have one who put up a stockade fence
5 or 6 feet inside his property line last Spring. Later in the summer,
I was out working in the yard, and he came by to complain that I wasn't
maintaining the foliage that butts up against his fence - basically,
raspberry bushes.

I pointed out that not only would I have been trespassing, but that
I preferred that the raspberries be allowed to grow wild along the
entire property line, as they provide a nice barrier and food source
for the local animals.

His response? "Well, it's still your job to maintain them on your
side of the fence." Either he had no idea where the property line
was ( possible, considering how much of his own land he had effectively
cut off ), or he considered maintenance of his property to be
a community effort. ;-)

- Rich