Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Brick a fireplace

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys. I'm not 100% sure this is in the right group, but here goes.

Does
this sound like a fair price (I live in the southeast), but more
importantly. How difficult is it to lay (or install... I dont know the
terminology) brick.

Price sound fair.

As for DIY, it is not so much difficult, but a skill that can take time to
muster. Just like a Rembrandt painting is just a collection of brush
strokes that anyone can do. I know "how" to lay brick, but getting the
hands to do what the brains knows to be done does not always work. When you
look at a multi-story brick building that is perfectly plumb and level, you
have to admire the skill involved.