Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Swiming Pool Problems

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a swimming pool with a Triton II sand filter and an Aqua Rite
salt chlorination system.

The pool was installed in 1996 and the Triton 2 sand filter is the
original filter. The Aqua Rite system was installed new last fall.
A pool company installed the new salt system and replaced the pump.

It worked great last fall and through the winter even. It was
crystal clear. But this past month, the pool turned murky green in
about three days.

Currently there is intermittently little or no circulation. You can
set the pump to backwash, then back to normal, and the circulation
will increase for short time, but then decrease to a slow flow.

There were a few leaves in the pool from last fall, but I would assume
these would be negligable.

My pool guy said that my Aqua Rite computer board is shot, but I feel
that this is not the case.

Can anyone give me some troubleshooting hints to find out what this
could be?

Any help would be appreciated. I am an unlearned novice.

Thanks,

Kevin Smith

I have a Aqua Rite system also, Are you still shocking the pool? Do you
check the water chemistry? ( chlorine level) The salt water system with the
chlorine generator dose not even come close to generating enough Chlorine,
they make it sound like it when you install one. My pool is hitting about an
average of 85 degrees I,m shocking it once a week. I do not think you have a
filter problem, also clean the Turbo cell.