Posted to alt.home.repair
Martik

Default Renewal by Andersen

wrote in message
oups.com...
Need help deciding between choices for replacement windows for my 25
year old aluminum windows. There are five large (5'x6') and two
picture (3'x6') windows and two sliding patio doors, for which Renewal
by Andersen has quoted $18K (installed, all inclusive). Other quotes
for vinyl windows range from $6K to $9K and $13K for the best windows
at Lowes. Is the Andersen price justified?

Thanks in advance.

I would say not!

I just finished replacing my 13 windows with Jeld-wen low-e argon for
approx $2500. They have a lifetime warranty.
http://jeld-wen.com/

Total cost for your windows would be approx $2900 (5x300, 2x200, 2x500), at
Home Depot which I believe installs for a fair price.

It is not difficult to install windows yourself plus a little help with
lifting into place. Do you have siding, stucco?