Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Spice

Default Retensioning Henderson Merlin canopy garage door

"Alex" wrote in message
http://www.pchenderson.co.uk/ go to installation and maintenance then to
downloads you will find assistance to your door type there ,but I would
agree with previous post get a professional to do it for you.retensioning
torsion springs are not a diy job.

Recently we had a salesman (*) call wanting to fit external locks to our
garage. I didn't buy the lock but I did get him to refit the cable to the
garage door, service it and adjust the tension. All for the princely sum of
£10. At the price it's just not worth the effort of doing it yourself.

Cheers

Mark

(*) The bloke was the salesman/fitter/owner of the business rather than just
a sales droid. I think the company was Garalock but I could be wrong.