Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default removed wall paper and drywall paper came off with it

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems
that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off
with
most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do
use something to cover/make level where it did come off?

THANKS!

Kim Scott

Two things happened. Either you didn't wait until the glue had wetted
enough with water, or the installer used a glue that doesn't reconstitute
very well with water.

No matter. That brings us to today.

Texture the wall. You can cover up a lot of sins with 5# of texture.
Drywall mud or spackle the big divots. Sand a little to knock down the high
spots.

Steve