Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default Who is responsible for tree trim and removal?

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
John Hines wrote:
"miamicuse" wrote:

No, this is not that they cannot keep up with maintaining their grass

and
trees. I was told as a home owner I am responsible to maintain the

area
between my property line and the edge of street pavement. That means I

need
to mow the grass there and trim back trees there. It does not sound

logical
but that's what the county told me.

Sounds like it is your problem to deal with. Welcome to the world of
home ownership.

I spent about $1200 on my lot for tree trimming and care, after being
here 10-12 years. I figure I'll have to spend/do that once a decade or
so. (slow growing maple/oaks in zone 5)

--
If I had something witty to say, this is where I'd say it.

This thread reminded me that I needed to call the city because one of
the boulevard trees (that's what they called it; it's between the
sidewalk and the street) has about a 6 inch limb that's dead and
overhanging the sidewalk. Someday it will break suddenly and fall on
the sidewalk. I asked them whether I was supposed to cut it or if it
was their responsibility.

The lady at the Parks Department said they would get someone out right
away to take care of it.

Best regards,
Bob

wow that's great. the trees on the right of way have same problem and I
called - they said yes you need to trim it but not more than 25% and you
need to pay for it and no it's not your trees.

guess my city and your city are very different.

MC