Posted to alt.home.repair
IBM5081

Default Electric hedge trimmer advice

I have 3 hedge trimmers - 2 electric and 1 gas. My wife will only use
the electrics because the gas is too heavy.

#1 - Craftsman 22" electric - fine for light stuff but the notches are
not wide enough for some of the older-growth branches. Still works
good.
#2 - B/D Hedgehog 18" electric - great trimmer with wider notches to
handle the 1/2-3/4" branches, etc. Has a cord holder loop to prevent
plug pullout. She uses either one of these.
#3 - Kawasaki 30" gas - still larger notches and plenty of power;
commercial grade. Able to vandalize a bunch of hedge in a short period
of time. We have dwarf hollies, tall hollies (Nelly Stevens), crepe
myrtle (tree and bush varieties) as well as barberry shrubs that are
low. Works great and starts easily.

I like the Hedgehogs for general use. If I had fewer shrubs, it would
be enough.