Posted to alt.home.repair
News Groups

Default Smoking Riding Mower

I was given an old Craftsman riding mover. It needed new blades and not
knowing how to take the deck off I jacked up the front end as high as I
could. It sat overnight. The next morning I started it up and it started to
smoke a little(white smoke from the muffler) as soon as I put it in drive it
started smoking like it was on fire. I checked the plug, it was completely
fouled up, I checked the air filter compartment and there was a fair amount
of oil at the bottom. I changed both of them and started it again, still
smoked heavily. Turned it off and had to clean the plug to get it to start
again. I let it idle for over an hour, then put it on full throtle - still
smoked. Did I screw up the engine? I was thinking of trying a engine
addative and see if that thickens up the oil incase I busted a seal. I
could really use some help here. Its really not worth taking to a mechanic
for any type of major engine work.
Thanks
John