Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default metal screws?, replacement for today's crap duc tape?

werwer wrote:
The duc tape they sell today is crap. So, I was wondering, after the

There is nothing wrong with real duct tape. That "economy" stuff at
wally etc is a different story.

second
failure downstairs on the dryer, ... has anyone use machine screws to
connect light AL exhaust ducting? The only down side could see
would be perhaps the lint gathering on the screw inside the duct and
causing a problem.

Yes, thats the reason to use tape.

(Yes, I know the old rubberized stuff is still available on line. I
used to repair my
down jackets with it :-)

You could get it at at a real plumbing/heating supply store.