Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric hedge trimmer advice

Pete C. wrote:

For an electric one the cheap Black & Decker ones do fine. Be sure to
get a supply of cheap short extension cords to use at the trimmer end
for all the times you cut through the cord. You can use a good extension
cord for the rest of the length. Also get a few of those snap on cord
locks to keep the sections from unplugging as you drag them through the
yard. The gas trimmers are a lot more expensive but don't have these
problems.

Have a small B&D that I keep at my mom's house -- 13" I believe. It
has worked fine for 10 years. My mom kept cutting through the cords,
so make sure as Pete mentioned that you have cheap, easy replacements
up near where the blade is in the event that you also have such
problems. Replacing the OEM that "locks" on the trimmer itself is
expensive.