Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Neighbor's Stereo System Interferes With CH2 TV Reception

"---Pete---" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:27:31 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Some modern integrated stereos - notably Sonys, and most home cinema
systems, employ a switch mode power supply. Loaded very hard, with huge
bass, it's quite conceivable that such a supply might radiate excessive
crap, at a frequency which is closeby your TV channel.

------
Your explanation makes the most sense. We are in separate homes so
I know it's not vibrating my TV set. I figured it has to be something
in his home radiating RF and the switching power supply makes good
sense because, when it gets to that level where it interferes with my
TV, I can hear the distortion in the music. This guy has no ear for
music and seems to just like the loud thumping, even though it's all
distorted. I'm dealing with an large adult male who I suspect has the
mentality of a 12 year old. Add some alcohol, and you can imagine
what I have to contend with.

Surely there's some
department you can complain to on the noise grounds alone, let alone the
RFI

------
Noise problems are very difficult to solve when the perpetrator
refuses to respect their neighbors and the authorities. I already had
the state police out here and the problem continues. I'm now gathering
info and data because it will most likely go to court to get any
meaningful action or fines imposed. If I can prove damages, I might
be able to get some monetary compensation too.

It's horrible to live next to such such rude and inconsiderate people.

---pete---

I see your dilemma. We have such people here too, and it's getting worse.
Have you thought about playing the RFI angle with someone like the FCC ?
Over here, interfering signals are taken very seriously. Imagine if such a
signal popped up on an aircraft comms channel ...

Arfa